Ethics Talk Live: Human rights
JANUARY 31 · Virtual from HELSINKI
- What is human rights – and why is it so difficult?
- Business and human rights form a complex landscape
- Who is responsible: the state or businesses?
- Why should / must companies take a greater responsibility for human rights?
- New regulatory requirements: EU directive and the new German law passed in June 2021
- Companies should report breaches. What will this entail in practice?
- What has UK Modern Slavery Act achieved?
- Is new regulation a good or a bad thing?
- Issues abroad and at home
- Can you operate in e.g. China without being complicit in human rights violations?
- Even “local” smaller companies have dependencies and relations to China (e.g. through supply chains)
- Our home countries are not innocent either: restaurants selling pizzas for 5 eur, construction workers living in barracks and working around the clock, berry pickers have their passports taken away, cleaning companies and beauty salons.
14:45 Registration to the virtual seminar
15:00 Welcome from the moderators – Anna Romberg & Niina Ratsula, NBE Founders
A few words to dive into the topic and introducing the Ethics Talk LIVE partners and guests
15:10 Discussion – Human rights
The moderators will also take in questions from the audience, which can be presented during the Ethics Talk via chat.
15:45 Q&A with the audience
Time zone is on EET (Helsinki)
JOIN THE ETHICS TALK LIVE
Fill in the below form to register to the event. You will receive personal link to watch the EthicsTalk LIVE.